Thursday, September 11

9Eleven

World Trade Center Pictures, Images and Photos


I woke up this morning, washed my face, heated my kettle for some tea, and sat down at my laptop to start paying some of my bills..ugh! Without noticing anything out of sorts, I began clicking away at all of those evil charges when something BIG dawned on me--today is September 11th. This date still puts me in kind of a funk and always makes me take two steps back to take a moment.

I've never discussed how I feel about this date publicly, but I feel as though today should be the day to be brutally honest with you all.

Yes. 9/11 was an international tragedy and a national catastrophe.
Yes. Everyone was shaken up and hundreds of innocent lives were lost.
Yes. It makes me angry and sad to remember that horrible day.

HOWEVER.....

For those of you who did not have the pleasure of living in the NYC during that time, for those of you who were no where near the towers, for those of you who did not lose anyone or watched it all on T.V.....for those of you who like to jump on the band wagon of 9/11 discussions and talk about how horrible it was and then go on to discuss who was wearing what at last night's party...for you all:

SPARE ME, AND THE REST OF US WHO WALKED OUR ASSES BACK TO OUR HOMES, THE BULLSHIT!

I'm always disgusted when people can talk about this day so lightly. YOU WERE NOT THERE! YOU DID NOT SEE THE PEOPLE SCREAMING IN THE STREET! YOU WERE NOT AFRAID FOR YOUR LIFE AND YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO WANT TO THROW UP EVERY TIME PEOPLE DISCOVER A NEW WAY TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF OTHER PEOPLE'S SUFFERING.

I remember not 2 weeks after the disaster, street vendors were actually selling PICTURES of the collapsing buildings, of people leaping to their deaths, of the rubble. PICTURES! And that is not the worst part. The worst part is that PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY BUYING THIS SHIT! TOURISTS WERE BUYING HOME VIDEOS AND FOOTAGE WAS CIRCULATED ON THE INTERNET SO PEOPLE COULD OWN A PIECE OF THIS TRAGEDY. To these assholes who bought a piece of 9/11 as a fucking souvenir I send a big fat FUCK YOU!

I was disgusted by the way the media, the public, and the city (mainly vendors) handled this devastating event, and I continue to be disgusted every time I meet someone from out of town who tells me they have "footage" of the towers on 9/11.

Today, I ask you all, where the hell is our dignity and respect?

No comments: